Wednesday 23 October 2013

Spiral Symmetry, Superior Sound: Recording with K-Tek's Nautilus Mic Suspension Mount | www.creativeplanetnetwork.com

One for the sound guys and gals...

Spiral Symmetry, Superior Sound: Recording with K-Tek's Nautilus Mic Suspension Mount | www.creativeplanetnetwork.com

As a videographer specializing in wildlife photography, I often shoot alone. It's up to me to shoot clean audio, not a boom operator or a sound person. This means I usually handle the mic'ing myself, mostly with the mic mounted on or very near the camera. Mounting the microphone off-camera is the best way to go, but that's really only feasible when you're shooting in a fairly stationary position. When I'm using the mic on camera (which is most of the time), I need some kind of shock mount to isolate vibration and handling noise.

http://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/dv/feature/spiral-symmetry-superior-sound-recording-k-teks-nautilus-mic-suspension-mount/64241

No comments:

Post a Comment