Monday 19 May 2014

The evolving review of the Panasonic GH4



The evolving review of the Panasonic GH4

Normally I would steer clear of in camera effects that burn in adjustments because in other cameras this was never a good idea and would result in image deterioration. But this does not seem to be the way with the GH4. Have a look at the short video below shot with screen overlays via the Atomos Ninja Blade for an idea of the results.

I wanted to see what in camera colour profiling would be like on the GH4. For this test I put the Luminance Level to 16-235 opposed to the higher 16-255. Mostly because I want a simple path of handing on files to production without wording about Luminance clipping.

Starting at Cinelike V I reduced the sharpness to -5 to take the edge away from the USM style in camera sharpening. I also but the Noise Reduction to -5 to remove the plastic mush that can occur in the images. I set the Saturation to -5 and +1 on Hue for personal preference.

http://philipbloom.net/2014/05/12/gh4/

No comments:

Post a Comment